Question

atxbound

Is there a way to determine what my APR would be without Getting hit with hard inquiries?
I am going to be shopping for a new car next month. I have ok credit 670 trans 705 Experian and ? equifax. I would like to know what to expect as far as an interest rate but i dont want to start applying for loans because it will hurt my score. Any ideas?

Call your bank or credit union

My credit union was glad to share rates - and even to say that if I improved my score above 730, the lower rate they offer.  I have now improved the score (they use FICO/Beacon) and will get that rate.  My bank, on the other hand, offered to refinance and came back with an insultingly astronomical rate a few months ago and I'm stuck with that inquiry.  If you can talk in general terms with your banker, without actually filing an application, they can offer advice.  If you have accounts with a credit union, calling them is a recommendation.

with those scores you are looking at around 7% unless you have a cosigner or a large down payment