Question

generix

Is it more beneficial to take out a shorter or longer loan?
I'm about to take out a loan for a medical procedure. They offer 3/6/12 month no interest loans. I can pay the entire amount up front but want to achieve maximum benefit for my already good credit score.

Is it better to drag out a loan or pay off the same amount more quickly, assuming no interest is involved? We're talking maybe $1500 or so. Of course, all payments would be on time.

Thank you!

So assuming this loan is reported properly, would I see any real difference in the impact on my credit score if I did a 3 month vs 12 month loan?  I can't find this information anywhere.  Thank you!

Personally, I would take the no-interest offer (either of the 3) and build up your credit.  That's assuming of course that the lender actually reports to the credit bureaus, otherwise it doesn't matter.  Make sure whomever is making the offer reports to at least 1 of the three bureaus.