Question

pbarney17

Improving my score with nearly empty credit report and almost no debt?
Until I got married, I did not use credit. I saved up and used cash for everything. My credit report was literally blank.

Now that I am married, I am an authorized user on my wife's two Chase credit cards (Chase no longer allows joint account ownership). Each card has a perfect payment history and a combined line of credit of $16,000.

We pay off the cards each month before the reporting date and we have zero derogatory marks, no student loans, and no mortgage. Our total debt consists of ~$6,000 on a car payment which is in my name.

Her years of perfect payment history have transferred over to my Transunion report but not my Equifax. Chase says it's Equifax's fault and Equifax says that Chase isn't reporting it. (Circle of blame).

As a result, my Transunion score is 794. My Equifax score is 641.

Last week, I applied for and received a Chase credit card in my own name with a limit of $700 in the hopes of increasing my score.

What can I need to do to increase my scores? I'd particularly like Equifax to match Transunion.

Any ideas?