Question

naditaaa

Improving credit score with collections still showing, but being paid?
My boyfriend and I are planning to buy a house in the next year or two. My credit score is 751 currently, his is 595 because of 4 collections on his account. He is getting them paid off, set up payment with debtors. He has settled for less than the original amount. Should he not settle for less or is that okay once he pays it off? Some of these collections are a couple of years old. What date should be showing up for open date for the accounts? What would be the best option to help raise his score with collections still showing up. Using his current credit cards? Taking out a loan and paying on time, me as cosigner?"