Question

desnjess

if i pay my credit card in full what will exactly happen
if i pay my credit card payment full. what happens exactly. does it own the account back up? and will it help my credit as well

Most Helpful Response

Paying off your balance in full should help your credit. However, your FICO numbers are in part based on regularly using the credit you have, so carrying a $0 balance isn't fantastic for your score. When rebuilding credit, it's best to carry a balance <20% of your combined credit limits. You can do this on one card or little bits on multiple cards to make up the %. Just be cautious about leaving $0 balances on cards for long periods. Sometimes those lenders will close your account due to non use, which can hurt you.

There are some people who play a game with their monthly balances so they only carry the 20% long enough for it to be reported on their credit report, but short enough so they accumulate little to no interest on the purchases. This game is way too complicated to me. I prefer to just purchase gas and groceries on my card and then use budgeted money to pay it off.

I hope this answers your question.

jwsister

Don't carry a balance, otherwise you will be paying interest.  Frequently use up to 20% of your credit limit and pay the "Ttoal amount due as shoiwn on the credit card statement.  This way, you will show usage of the card (good) and regular payment (good) and you won't end up paying interest on a balance (very good).  Paying in full when you receive the statement is an excellent way to use credit.