If I disputed a debt with proof of why it is not owed, can it still be put on my credit report?
Around Christmas last year my cell and wallet were stolen with all of my rent money in it while shopping at the mall. I had the store clerk call the police and gave the report to my landlord the same day. My landlord assured me that because I'd never missed a payment previously I would not be evicted but we would still have to go to court. Three weeks later we went to court and my landlord asked me to sign an agreement stating I acknowledged the debt and would pay it back. I read it over and signed it after he again told me I would not be evicted over one missed payment. The next month I caught up on the missed payment and the current months payment....and on December 17th 2014 he had a constable come to my door serving me a 2 day eviction notice. Now he is trying to come after me for move out costs in the amount of $900. Now my apartment was left in good condition save for my 3 yr old coloring on the living room wall with a blue crayon and food that was left in the refrigerator. I don't believe I should have to pay that much for move out costs when a) he kept my security deposit AND I paid for an entire month of rent but didn't stay an entire month and b) I was given two months to move. I sent in a statement to the collection agency he's working with and provided receipts for the rent I paid and security deposit. Will they still be able to put that on my credit report?