Question

miss0910

I was told opening a credit card could help boost my credit score?
But, in the two months I've had it and making payments on time it has drastically shot it down instead, why is this? The whole point of opening one I could manage where it's set up with a cd and there are monthly payments and a yearly fee it still has sent it down drastically. That is the only thing that is different on my history in the last two months. I also paid off a bill in collections and have made all my payments for car loan on time and it still is lousy. Help! What kind of credit card will help to get it back up? Or what will help at all? I need it to be boosted by at least 150 points now. I want to be able to get a home loan in the next couple years.