Question

ASBDB2010

I want to increase my credit score fast but not sure how. I carry two collections.
I had this tubal pregnancy in 2010. For about two months I had excruciating abdominal pains. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong. One day I go in for an ultrasound. That same day I’m rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. Surgery needed to be done as soon as possible. The fetus was the size of a golf ball. Doctors couldn't believe it. Years later, I now have this collection in the amount of $2,500 for the ambulance ride. At the time I had refused to be transported in the ambulance. The doctor insisted so I did. I felt confident enough to take my own personal transportation. After the loss of my baby I didn’t pay much attention to anything. My mother in law who worked for the clinic took care of the bill and had it sent to the billing department. From there they had it sent to the ambulance department but they never took care of the bill. I was also on Medicaid at the time. After months of no notices I figured it had been cleared. Turns out they had been sending the bill to another address. How I came to notice was through this Credit Karma. Being years later, Medicaid can’t cover it. I’m not sure what to do. I have poor credit because of this collection. I’m trying to work on getting an apartment. I need advice on how I can clear this problem up fast. Being Native American our health care works different.

Well, you could dispute it on the grounds that it was not your responsibility but medcaids instead and hope that they remove it. That option probably will not work but it is an option, but be aware if the account has not updated for a long time and your dispute is unsuccessful and the collection updates, then it will hurt your scores if it hasn't updated for a while. If you have the money to pay it, you could contact the collection company and ask them for a "pay for delete" meaning that you pay the account and they delete it from your reports (you would negotiate this prior to paying). You may also want to try to get them to settle for less than the amount and still with the pay for delete agreement. In the meantime look for an apartment that does not require a credit check. Do some research on "pay for delete agreements".