I want to get my car's auto loan in my dad's name into mine and on my credit report?
Back in October, I got in a baddd car accident and my car was totaled. I used the little money I got back from that (due to the other driver at fault having no insurance, and mismatching registration and plates) for a down payment. Since my credit score is far from perfect, he took the loan in his name, and I have made every single payment from my account on it. My payments have been more than the minimum and all on time which should really be boosting my credit, but since my name isn't on the loan, it does NOTHING.

I was thinking about refinancing but I am at a lower interest rate than I would have if I got approved for a loan on my own (which I doubt I would), but I was wondering too, what if they sold it to me privately?

I'm trying to find the best, most beneficial solution, with cost in mind too, being that I am 20, working full-time and going to school. I don't want to overexert myself because me and my boyfriend are looking into buying a small house (being the main reason I am motivated to get my score boosted and sooner than later).

Whatever advice helps, I appreciate it!