Question

Fixmycredit4151989

I want to build my credit back up really bad
What can I do to start building my credit back all my old debut accounts are closed and from 2012, 2010, two in 2008 and one in 2007. What is honestly the best thing to do to fix it do I wait for it to fall off in 7 or 10 years I believe or do I try and contact them to pay it off? Do i hire someone ? I really want to get thing credit from a 513 to at least 700.

The items from 2007 and 2008 should already be off your account, if not you can dispute them and request they be removed based on age.   You could if you are in a position, contact the 2010/2012 accounts and negotiate a "pay for delete" on those accounts.  If accepted and paid as agreed, they will remove from your account.  If they won't pay for delete, consider asking them to re-open the accounts with that your current debt and begin making timely payments.   I have seen some companies make that adjustment as a means to collect.  Just ensure you are timely in the payments.   Your waiting time is not a fully 7 years as you have already put 5 years behind you.   Although, you need to start the path to rebuilding.   You should consider getting a secured credit card so that those current timely payments are being reflected.  If you wait out the 2 years, you still need something on your record to show your current credit tendancies.  There are a few companies who will look at the age of the old ones and give you a chance.   Just ensure that you apply good financial judgement do not rush to get into the same position you were in previously.  Keep your Utilization low, no matter the temptation and ensure you are making timely payments.   With todays automated progress, you can sign up for automatic payments by the due date and help keep you in check. 

Since the expressed purpose of Credit Karma is to TEACH how credit works and show how to build a good credit score, and they do so very well in the articles on this site.  From putting into practice what I learned here, my score has gone up.