Question

veryupset

I need to file a dispute my credit droped over 100 points for no reason who do I contact
My score dropped over 100 points I have no bills owed no negative history ive pulled my report from the governments sight and it shoqws nothing derogatory why would my score drop so much out of nowhere

Your dispute would be to each credit bureau (Transunion, Equifax, Experian). You can get a free credit report from each at annualcreditreport.com. Look over all the negative accounts and dispute each one with each credit bureau (DO NOT DISPUTE WITH THE CREDITOR - THEY WANT YOU TO CALL THEM AND HOOK YOU INTO AN AGREEMENT). After obtaining the free reports, there will be instruction as to how to dispute. Note: it is better to dispute online rather than in a phone conversation (they may try to obtain updated info from you)

I recommend you take a hard look at when the accounts are scheduled to come off the report. If you go to your free annual report - annualcreditreport.com each account should have some wording that says "scheduled to report until, xx/2015. You would need to do this for all 3 CBs. If the bad debts are due to come off in a year or 2, and you're not buying a home or doing something that requires good credit, then let it be. Wait until they drop off. You can still dispute w each CB, if you want but be VERY careful what you tell them if you do it by phone (new address, employer info etc.), because they will add this info to the credit file. That’s why i say if you do decide to contact them, then do it via online dispute or better yet don't contact anyone if accounts are scheduled to come of soon unless you really need to. 

Are you also concerned about when creditors can / can no longer collect from you legally? If so, read on:

If the account(s) is scheduled to come off in 1 or 2 years (or what you think would be the magic #), as mentioned. then i would not contact them

DO NOT CONTACT CREDITOR DIRECTLY:

If you verbally admit to the debt (they got you), or agree to a payment plan, this is considered an event that could start the reporting clock all over again. So instead of the account coming off in 1 or 2 years, you've just re-set it to 7 years (time bad stuff gets reported to CBs).

Also, there is a statute of limitations that a debt collector can sue you for the debt. Some states are 3, 6, 7 years. That doesn't mean they can't try, just that they legally cannot sue you. Check it out by state:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/statute-of-limitations-state-laws-chart-29941.html