Question

ub34

I have poor credit,what can be done to improve my score
I have just an auto loan, one credit card, and a mortgage. yet I can't get my credit score to go any higher. what can I do for higher score

Credit ratio

the ratio of available credit lines is probably the culprit.  The more available credit you have the higher your score.  A rule of thumb is to have 1 years salary worth of available credit lines.  So the Auto loan and credit card limits totaled should be equal to or above what you earn in a year. Mortgages don't count in this area. That doesn't mean that you need to go out and run up your debts though. 

first see if you can get your CCco to raise the limit on your card.  Call them and tell them your planning a great vacation and plan to use the card for all the expenses.  Of course you don't have to actually take the vaca or run up the balance, but they are generally willing to raise the limit if you have a good payment history and they think your going to be oweing them a lot of interest. 

Next open a new credit card about every 6 months until you reach a comfortable level of available credit. I do this about once a year.  Now. when i am planning that great vacatiuon. I will open a new 0% interest promo credit card and put the trip on that card so i can pay it off without having to pay any interest. I just got one with 0% for 24 months to use for my wedding.

A good trick I use, once that 0% card starts charging interest. (Some CC's will close your account for non-use if you don't use it at least once every 3 months)  I put a recurring charge on it such as my cable bill or other regular bill that I have to pay every month.  It gets paid off every month with money that i would spend anyway.  Put the card away and only use it in an emergancy.  It will show utilization and pay off every month with out having to use the card unnessarilly. 

if you have a large purchase in the near future maybe add a personal loan instead of using a credit card. You'll get a better interest rate and diversify your credit which will also help to raise your score. . 

hope this helps,  Good Luck