I have Old Debt past 7 years and it keeps changing names and re appearing on my report what can I do
I have been trying to repair my scores for a year now and there are two companies that when I mail them they take their information off my credit report then my score jumps up. The score only stays there for a month or so then another company purchases the debt and I have to start all over again by sending the letters to the new company about wanting proff of my aggrement to pay the debt. I need to know if their is a certain portion of the fair credit act that stops people from selling debt and recording it as new debt.
Ex. I had a visa legacy card 8 years ago.
Visa Legacy sold the debt to a company LHR INc. in 2005 the 7 year reporting period came up and it stayed on my report so I mailed them and the credit agencies a letter reporting the problem.
They took off their debt when I requested information, they then sold the debt to Millenium which started a new debt for the same amount on my credit as of 1-2013.
Now we are talking about an account that went to collections in 2005 that has a refreshed date of 2013. I made no payments on this account and have never talked to anyone on the phone, the letter I sent was clear that I was not taking responsability for the debt.

Anyone know what I can do?

Most Helpful Response

same issue

I have this same issue, old debt from like 2005.. 7 years passes, then it comes back as a different name.. I havent had new credit accounts since then.. yet almost every month credit karma keeps saying "an account has gone into collections" with a new name, but same amount.. this seems crazy as when i consulted a lawyer they said i would be better off just waiting since the 7 years were almost up. so i did, but now its like they are just changing the name and readding it to the reporting agencies, What can be done about this? I am trying to start over, i had lost my job and my credit card bill went from 1,000$ - 8,000$ in a span of like 7 years, its insane. any help would be seriously appreciated

I was able to remover the LHR INC, I sent a letter certified to Millenium and they have not responded if they do not respond and I send the proff of certified mail copied to the credit bureus will they remove the debt?