Question

RobertA1jl

I have discover card charged off almost 10 years ago, will they approve again?
I had discover card back in 2002 when i was college it was charged off back in around 2005 and fell off my CR around 2008 or 2009. I'm in much better situation now with my credit score. I was at 400's before right after college, im now at 630. I checked out Discover site and I'm prequalified. What are my chance of approval? Thanks.

I would say go for it.

you won't know until you do it.

Good Luck

Old Discover card charge off

It sounds like you're doing ok now.  With Discover, I recommend waiting a little longer and trying getting your score up into the 700 range, and you should be good for approval, if everything else is ok too.  If you apply now you may a get approved, and of course there will be a hard hit that dings your score somewhat.  Use your own judgement...it seems like you're on the right track.