Question

kimchris96

I have a hard inquiry from FA CREDCO. I'm in the process of buying a home - is this why?

Yep!

If you are in the process of buying a house chances are they pulled your credit to see if you are high risk or not. If you are looking for a lender call around and talk to a loan processor before they pull your credit, by talking to them you can find rates based on your credit score and some institutions take personal situations into account.

A good example is the car loan that I have, the interest rates are similar to other banks but they offer a 2 week grace period before payment is due, this helps my situation and makes things a little more flexible for me. Take into consideration ease of payments, whether they give grace periods, how reputable they are and the interest rate that you would be paying.