I have a credit score of 544. I need help raising it.
I have a credit score of 544. when i was younger i was an idiot and took out lots of credit cards and didnt pay off balances. a little more than a year ago my grandmother gave me 3,000 dollars to pay off the balances and work out deals with the credit card companies. i paid off 5 credit cards and they read on as just currently closed. i have a negative closed for 3,053 for when i left an aparment complex early and they screwed me. and midland credit collections for 112 dollars for something i have no idea what it is.

i have one credit card open with a 0 balance

and a 9,000 dollar car loan that i havent been late on a payment in over a year.

i really really want my credit to go up. i have a great job now and hate wasting money renting. how would everyone suggest getting my credit up??

Keep all your bills paid on time, everytime and just give it time.  Your score will show improvemnt as the closed accounts drop off your report (7 years) and the other accounts build a positive payment history.. 

Maybe open another credit card account just to give your report more diversity.  Apply for a secured one since approval rate is almost promised.

Best thing in your situation tho is just give it time.. 6 months plus and pay on time every time.