I filed bankruptcy 7yrs ago. When will it come off my credit report/score?
Filed bankruptcy in 2005 and see it's still used against me negatively in my credit score. I thought bankruptcy went off after 7yrs, is that true? How long until it is off my report and stops affecting my score negatively? And if it's supposed to be off already, can I dispute it and have it removed? Thank you!

Most Helpful Response

It is when it was discharged.  So, if you filed in late 2005, and the discharge didn't happen until 2006, that could be some of the reason.

Also, depends on what you're looking for credit-score wise.

For cars, credit cards, standard loans, etc...7 years.  Home loan?  10 years it can stay on your record.

A Chapter 7 bankruptcy stays on your credit report for 10 years from the date of filing.

Thank you! :o)