how will this effect my credit and how long to improve?
I had 3 accts that were at least 6 yrs old and I just paid them off. Will that help my credit score, if so how long before I see a difference. I also have a secured card for 9 mos no late payments 0 debt also a reg card 7 months 0 debt no late payments and a recent card that was opened with 800 limit it was maxed when given to me (health) but paid off entirely before 1st payment was due.

Those old accounts will be reported for 7 years and the notice they were paid in full is positive, though, that it took 6 years to get paid off might be a negative.  The cards you have with no balance will be fine and their credit liomits are positive marks on your credit score.  The health care card (Care Credit?) likely had no interest for a year with regular payments and, since you paid it in full,  that is positive and the $800 limit remains a positive on your score. 

Try to keep your usage of cards below 9%, pay in full once the bill comes in (not earllier as in online the week following a purchase. That is bad for score) and you are gradually going to find your score improving, which is very good. 

If the accounts were negative accounts, then it may help your score if the amount due was affecting your utilization, if the amounts due were not affecting your utilization, then it would not help scores. If the accounts were negative and have been updating monthly, then it will help your scores because they will stop updating, if the accounts haven't updated in a long time, then your scores will be negatively affected due to the update from payment. Negative accounts that have been paid off will look better under review, but for scoring it has little effect.

If the accounts that you've paid off were open lines of credit in good standing, then paying them off and closing them will hurt your scores.

Keeping all credit card balances at $0 is not good for scoring, let at least one card report a small balance each month, if not, you will be dinged for not having any revolving activity. You can always pay that small balance off before the due date to avoid interest. By small balance I mean less than 10% of your credit line.