Question

holierthanmao

How will cancelling a pending card application affect my credit score?
I have applied for a credit card and changed my mind about wanting one. This would have been my first credit card. The application is still pending. Will cancelling my pending application have an effect on my credit score?

Cancelling the application has no impact.  You already did the damage by submitting the application.  Make these decisions before you apply in future.  You might as well let the application go through and make the most of the card, if approved.