Question

CreditKarmaUser52016

How will adding a new card via SCT impact my mortgage application?
I am currently selling my home and will be applying for a new mortgage within the next couple of weeks. I learned about the SCT for Wayfair and immediately went for it, knowing I will likely have a new house to furnish in the near future. I was approved for $3500. My question is, how will activating this impact my credit and mortgage approval? I had thought activating it would help because it will lower my credit card utilization. Currently that is around $2800 out of $10200. I would love to just pay an extra $1000 towards my credit card balances and improve my utilization via that route, but right now I have to save all I can for a future house so I will be sticking to just paying $100 per month. It's my understanding that activating the Wayfair credit card will not result in an inquiry? But will lower by AAOA. Currently my AAOA is 3 years, 7 months and it is impacted by 28 different lines (3 for my current mortgage, 4 for my credit cards, 1 for my car and the remainder are my student loans). Because I have so many different items impacting my AAOA, would the impact of adding the new credit card be fairly insignificant? Additionally, beyond just the score alone, could a mortgage loan officer be look at a brand new account just a week or so before I apply for a mortgage as a negative factor? I am very new to this so any help will be greatly appreciated!