How to stop a creditor from over charging on top of what is truely owed.
I had Directv as my cable subscriber and was told by them they would soon provide internet which never came about so within two months I became unhappy with their service because they kept advertising on tv that they had the World Wide internet service so everytime I called and they said not in my area will they have the internet. I felt it was false advertising so I canceled my connection with them, I returned their equipment and my final bill was $ 34.00 a few months later they send me a bill that was well over $300.00 not sure of the exact amount I called and they said they are charging me for early disconnection and for that they billed me for every month I didn't have there services I asked why they are billing me every month,Why wait till it is so high I can't pay it, They had no real answer. These company charge early disconnection fees but charge you extra for every month you are not with them and then finally without notice that is not in the original contract send a bill that is to me " theft". There was no mention of a bill charge of this amount when I signed on as customer, I have one other cable company that has done the same thing and my credit is shot ! My auto loan finance company had shafted me too with there tricks on financing fees and contract hiding fees.