How to handle rude collection agencies?
We have been working very diligently to remove/correct any errors or problems with our credit so we can buy a house in the near future. My score has been increasing very nicecly. However, two days ago I noticed a new collection on my account. One that I had previously paid off over a month ago. I called the agency and explained that the debt had been paid in full over a month ago to the originating company. I offered to fax the paperwork but they refused to give me their fax number repeating over and over I OWED them $600 and it would be on my credit for 7 years regardless. I called the original company and they said they would call the agency but I am now upset that the company will not take this off my credit after all the hard work I put into it. To be honest, it was a medical bill and my score didn't really even take a hit from it, its just a black mark where everything had been so pristine. I really want it gone. Any advice?

You can dispute the account with the credit bureaus and provide them the proof of your payment or you can contact an FDCPA attorney and see if you should sue the debt collector. Kimmel&Silverman is a law firm that handles these types of things if they practice in your state. If not a google search should find you a law firm that does.

You need to determine who actually own that debt, if it's been sold to collection agency? Then collection agency would have the ownership, by paying original creditor dose not necessarily dissolve the collection, and rarely dose, many creditor would routinely refuse payment when they no longer own your debt. The current collection agency might not be the very first CA has that debt, debt change hands often, so you provide them with prove it was paid might not do you any good, CA exist for one purpose only, to collect money, they don't care who responsible for the debt, they just want to get paid.

Since this is medical bill, it has small chance the debt only been send to collection and original creditor still might own the debt, then they should be able to recall the collection, therefore, off your report.