Question

krissy9610

How long should you wait between applying for credit cards?
I have a credit score of 729 and 659 , I don't remember which one goes to which . I recently applied for a Walmart card and was denied ? I am on my moms card so my credit should continue to improve . How long should I wait before applying for a different card? Would it be wise to apply for Capitol one since that is the one I am already on ?

Go to Capital One's website and check the preapprovals. You should get a denial letter from the Walmart card stating the reasons that you were not approved. You may even be able to call and find out the reasons that you were not approved. Once you find out the reasons you were not approved, work on those things, before applying for more. Also be aware of different versions of scores, the scores that you have stated, may not be used by lenders at all.