Question

MsFiggs

How long does it take for a credit inquery to not affect my score any more ?
Four years ago when I bought my first car, I made the mistake of letting every car dealership run my credit, once I realized that every time they ran a credit check I was lowering my score, I stopped but it was too late. Since then I haven't ran my credit too much but we just moved so I needed to run different credit checks 90% I was approved for but the 10% I wasn't , In the reasons why was listed too many inquiries. It also one of the areas that I have a not good score on my credit report on CK . so my question is how long do those credit inquiries stay affecting my score? do I have to wait a certain amount of time every time I run my credit before I do it again ?