Question

freeladygirl

How do I report a fraudulant credit card application in my name?
I was contacted by Capital One regarding a possible fraudulent credit card application in my name. I did not apply for this card and called immediately and they canceled the card. How do I make sure this not on my credit report?

How do you make sure it is not on your credit reports? LOOK at your credit reports.

If someone has your social security number and other information, you may want to place a freeze on your credit reports and make sure that you have credit monitoring for each credit bureau (Transunion, Equifax and Experian). Each credit bureau has a website, check the websites out and do some reading.