Question

sallywstephens

How do I remove a loan that was purchased by another financial institution but is still on CR reprt?
My student loan (DEPTEDNELNET) was purchased by another financial institution ( Mohela/DOFED). That balance is showing on my credit report but was transferred to Mohela and Mohela is NOW paid in full too.

I need to get both of these balances off my credit report. Please advise.

Most Helpful Response

So you have Nelnet and Mohela both showing balances?  If that is the case, write letters to all three credit bureaus and if you have proof it is paid in full, send that along as well.  Don't dispute online, write letters.  It may take 2-3 letters, but keep at it and it will get fixed.  Best of luck!