Question

klk33300

How do I negotiate to get old collections off my credit report?
I have tried to get a collection agency to remove items from my credit report in the past that were long paid off, some for over ten years and they say they will take care of it but never do untill I threaten to get a lawyer involved. I know I could raise my score quite a bit if I could get all this old stuff removed but don't deal well with people over the phone. Also, need to prove that a collection agency garnished me twice for the same bill.