Question

DawniiMonster

how do i have such bad scores? i've hardly had any credit at all!
i applied for an apartment and was denied because it shows "eviction" on my report but I haven't been evicted. this has lowered my score and I don't understand how. I also don't understand how my score is so low if I have always paid everything on time?

You need to pull a complete credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com and dispute any errors, such as the eviction.  Here's how your credit score is calculated:  35% payment history; 30% utilization; 15% credit history; 10% mix of credit; 10% inquiries.  Review your report carefully against these criteria for better explanation of why your score is low.  Also, the score you see here is NOT your true credit score, which is FICO.  You can get a free FICO score if you have a Discover IT card, they print it right on the statement.  Or you can purchase your FICO score from www.myfico.com.  Best of luck!