Question

Whew

How do I get my home mortgage reported to the credit bureaus if my lender will not report it for me?
It is beyond frustrating that my mortgage lender will not report my on time payments. I was looking forward to having my first mortgage to build my credit and now I'm dealing with this. Please help.

Most Helpful Response

Refinance

Small And Private lenders often do not report to collection agencies because it costs them to do so.

If your lender refuses to report, Get your paper work together showing the payments you've made and take all the info to a new lender and ask them to refinance the loan.  I suggest a Credit Union, as they tend to have better rates.

A mortgage is a major purchase and by not reporting it the lender is "hurting" you in the long run.  They Don't deserve your business.

Difficult Fix

I bought a fixer upper which does not qualify for any usual mortgage program with owner financing for the very purpose of repairing credit. The note has been sold to a small lender who doesn't report to the bureaus. Refinancing is not an option. Is there no way to get this on the radar with the Credit Bureaus. If i defaulted ity would show up so fast it would make my head spin. Right?  There has got to be a way!!!!!