Question

mrv3rb

How do I find out about a loan I have no knowledge of?
Under the loans section, an "AFFILIATED" loan of about 1700 dollars has been added to my account. I have no idea what this company does or who they are. I tried to research them and found out that a company of the same name gives school loans. As I am in school I inquired about the matter and they informed me no such loan has been taken out in my name because I use the Post 911 G.I. Bill. How do I find out more information on where this balance came from. Any info will be appreciated. Thank you.

You need to get a credit report from one of the big three credit bureaus. If you have not already used all three of your free reports then go get a free report. If not then you may be able to go to one of them and simply dispute the item online although you seldom get the information you need that way. With a printed report you will get their phone number to contact them.

It is best to send them a letter requesting the name of the original creditor and verification that you are, in fact, the correct debtor.