Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
How do I dispute something just reported on my credit report?
I made a payment to the bank for a credit card, but they applied it to the wrong account. In the mean time they reported my payment as delinquent. They corrected the problem at the bank, actually credit union, but not until after it was reported as delinquent.

I called them & they say I have to contact the credit reporting agencies and dispute the late payment. And that they will now confirm that my payment was not late. Seems odd that I have to track down their mistake, but I'm willing to do this.

BTW, one late payment & my credit score went down 50 points.

Any advice?

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.