How do I dispute something just reported on my credit report?
I made a payment to the bank for a credit card, but they applied it to the wrong account. In the mean time they reported my payment as delinquent. They corrected the problem at the bank, actually credit union, but not until after it was reported as delinquent.

I called them & they say I have to contact the credit reporting agencies and dispute the late payment. And that they will now confirm that my payment was not late. Seems odd that I have to track down their mistake, but I'm willing to do this.

BTW, one late payment & my credit score went down 50 points.

Any advice?