Question

GodHatesCollectionAgents

How do I clean up my credit with so many delinquent accounts?
Honestly my credit is a wreck, I couldn't get financed for a pack of gum if I had 80℅ down payment. I have handfuls of small balanced delinquent accounts. These are mostly from medical bills and many are in the under $100 range. I also have some larger bills. These scumbag, rude, nasty, collection people make it hard to trust ANYTHING they say. Especially when they treat you like crap. I honestly don't know how to go about dealing with my credit because calling all these rude companies is a nightmare. Sometimes they can't even find your account, like that makes me believe that if I do pay them that they will even remove the account or mark it as paid. Is there a middleman for this? Perhaps someone to pay the money to then handle these jerks? Or can I bypass them and say... Pay the dentist (for example) the money I owe them for the office visit?

That's why you do NOT "call" collection agencies, you do everything in writing when dealing with collection agencies, do NOT enter any repayment agreements or promise you will pay if you aren't willing or capable of following it thru, as it might restart the Statute Of Limitations, the length of time you can be sued for that debt. Keep in mind tho, that "pay for deletion" is the agreement between you and collection agencies, Credit Bureaus do NOT have to honor it if CA don't remove it after you pay it, as matter of fact? the CRA's policy is that accurate collections not to be deleted based on that debt is paid... You can always ask the original creditors if they can/willing to recall the collection if you pay them directly, If not then unfortunately you need to deal with CA. Once the medical collection is paid and not being removed? Then perhaps you can try "whychat HIPPA" process, it's long drawn out process but at least there is some hope.

No need to hire anyone and throw money away, you need your money to get your finances squared away. You can contact the original lender or service provider and ask if they will accept full payment on the past due account and in return they agree to pull it back from the collection agency and remove it from your reports. If the original lender will no longer accept payments on the account then you will try to get a "pay for delete agreement" with the debt collector. Be ready to pay in full though. Tell them you will pay the account in full as long as they remove it from your credit reports. You also need to read up on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) to see if the debt collectors are violating the law. If they are, you contact a FDCPA law firm and go from there. Many FDCPA law firms will not require a dime out of your pocket, they will get their money from the debt collectors they sue. In addition to this, keep reading on the subject, there are ways to get credit rebuild going. Keep in mind that old accounts may sometimes best be left alone and let them age off your reports.