Question

iq22

how can I see my debt?
How can I see exactly what my debt is?

1. Start a free trial on experian or equafax and get a compelete credit report. It will show the ammount you owe, who you owe it to, and how to contact your creditors. You will have to cancel the membership in a week or so to avoid charges.

2. A complete credit report will also show which companies requested your credit report and how to contact them. If you give them a call they will let you know exactly who pulled your report and put an inquiry on it and they will provid you with the name and number for that particular person. Soft inquries don't matter and lots of companies check your report before they send you a letter with some sort of an offer.

Who do I owe and how much?

hipolito06

who do I  owe and how much

B23

How do  find out who I owe?  Some of the debt I have belongs to my ex-husband and I dont want to pay off his debt just mine.

kainay

Exactly who do I owe

If you're a Costco member, $7.49 per month gets you free looks at all three scores and reports, once per month through their "IdentityGuard" program.  It beats having to pay $30 for three scores once every few months.  And, they notify you via email if there are any changes, positive or negative, including hard inquiries.  I've been a member for several years and love it.  My only complaint is - you only get one new pull per month - you can see the same pull for the month after the pull, but you can't do a new one until exactly one month after the previous pull.

They also have a credit simulator that you can use to determine how certain actions (positive and negative) will affect your FICO scores - great tool when you're planning on paying off debt over a period of a few months like we're doing now.  One thing we noticed - we had planned to pay off all consumer credit card debt by January 2012, so I modeled this at the IdentityGuard site.  Score for all three bureaus increases as much as 31 points.  However, I did something a little different on the second model - pay everything off except one credit card - leaving ~20% of the total credit limit on the account.  The result:  the score increased on Experian by more than 50 points!  So having at least one card with some utilization present after paying off all other credit is apparently a positive!

Credit Karma just does soft inquiries and they will not show up on your credit report, this way you can do them every month if you want to.  It's kind of like the inquiries done to preapprove you to credit card offers in your mailbox.  Because they use soft inquiries they do not have all the details, however the annualcreditreport can provide you with the details once a year.  This utilizes a requirement for credit agencies to allow you to correct incorrect information in your credit report.  If you find something incorrect each of the big 3 have a slightly different way of resolving it.

Real world example.  A couple years ago my credit score dropped.  It was from a delinquency.  I did the annualreport to get details and found the original bill was to a hospital.  I called the hospital and verified that it had been paid 2 years ago.  The hospital said they would notify the collection agency that I really didn't owe that debt it was a mistake.  I then utilized the webpages of each agency to file a claim that the information was incorrect, and within a couple weeks they were all fixed.

Checking your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com usually shows the exact debt owed from each account and on time payment history. They also show debt that is potentially negative. Its free to check out once a year. You can also check here on Credit Karma, they have a chart in the credit report card that shows a percentage of debt from total debt for each category such as credit card/revolving, auto loan, and home mortgage.

I received an E- Mail that said someone checked my credit report on 9/14/10. How do i see who that was? and what it was for?. Thanks.

show my credit date 

how can i see my debt?

if i broke a lease for an apartment would it show it on my credit report?

lcrazycricket54

Mine did. I broke a one year lease after a neighbor tenant threatened me with a knife. I filed a police report and moved for my own safety. I thought that this would be okay in the State of California. I was never made aware that this would be a collections file on my report. It also has the statement "unable to located individual". Hmmm, I am still amiss at what to do with mine. It has been 2 -1/2 yrs. 6k.

i would like see who i owe,,