Question

imanage717

how can I remove Inquiries
My bankruptcy was just discharged a couple months ago, I really needed a car to get back and forth to work, so I went to 2 local dealerships and between the 2 they managed to add 23 inquiries to my credit report. Is there any way to remove some or all of them?

Most Helpful Response

you can dispute them

if you did not take a loan you can sipute them. especially if they were all pulled on the same day.  What happens is that the dealer shops you loan around so each time they contact a different lender the lender will pull another copy of your report.

best way to avoid this is to get pre-approved for an auto loan with your own bank.  Then you are shopping same as cash since there is no need for the dealer to qualify you for a loan. Also carry a fresh copy of your credit report so that if they try to get you into a loan you have something to show them, and only if they are offering a better rate than what you have already been pre-approved for with your bank. 

good luck

No, because they are records of credit activity.  They will be gone in two years.