Question

fabiano87

How can I raise my score 30 points in 3 months (from 720 to 750) so I can apply for a mortgage?
So these are my factors currently:
Credit Card Utilization: 6%
Payment History: 100%
Derogatory Marks: 0
Age of Credit History: 1 Yr, 6 Mos
Total Accounts: 12
Credit Inquiries: 14

My main concerns, as you can see, are “age of credit history” and “credit inquiries”.
For credit inquiries, 8 of them happened in the same week and they still put them as individual inquiries. As I shopping for mortgage rates and I thought if you did it within 14 days only one inquiry would show up. Didn’t happen.
For age of credit history I’ve read somewhere that if I report my oldest card lost my institution will just recreate a new card with the same age and I’d then have two 5 year old cards (oldest one I have).

As far as my card utilization, even though it is already under 9%, does it help that much to bring it down to 0%? Would it put be over the 750 threshold?
I’m looking to buy a home by September and really want to have an excellent credit score. Do you think I’d get a better mortgage interest rate if my credit is 750 instead of 720?

Thank you!!