Question

jacobwooden1

How can I have a very poor credit score and still have a $2,500 unused credit limit?
I have a very poor credit score (520). Just last January, my score was around 715. Due to a recent default on an auto loan I obtained last year, my score has dropped drastically.On the other hand, my credit report on credit karma states I have an unused credit card limit of $2,500! I am unsure as to exactly what that means. Can I still get a credit card because I never had one before EVEN WITH A POOR SCORE? Or is that just something that is irrelevant? Are there credit card company's who want to give their cards to people with low scores and no credit? Please help me with answers to these questions.