Question

langc1

How can I have a Fraud Alert released from all 3 Credit Bureaus?
I wrote a letter to all 3 Credit Bureaus. Requesting a release of Fraud Alert that I did not put on in the first place. I'm trying to apply for a Car Loan. I sent the letters about 2 months ago and haven't heard anything back. I tried calling all three Credit Bureaus and running into dead ends. I cannot get a live person to talk too all the phone numbers I call are automated systems. PLEASE HELP ME.

The purpose of a fraud alert is to make the potential creditor verify you are who you say you are.  It doesn't prevent them from pulling your credit report.  Also a fraud alert automatically disappears 90 days after you've placed it, unless you renew the alert.  You should still be able to apply for credit with a fraud alert, but take your SS card with you and a valid picture ID (driver's license or passport) when you apply for any loan.  If you still have problems, go online to each bureau instead of letters or phone calls.  A good website for getting phone numbers for real people is www.gethuman.com.  Best of luck!