Question

Posted in Banking

elizelaine

How can I get a loan from my exhusband off my credit?
We had a mutual loan through Wells Fargo, he filed bankruptcy 7 years ago. I tried to keep paying the monthly payments but couldn't afford too. I even went into the bank to see if they'd lower the monthly payment. They would not. This is one loan my lawyer and I missed, since it was in the Company's name, I totally forgot about it. So, I gave up paying and figured I'd deal with the negative credit. Well it appears on my credit as 'charged off.' Now it's all of a sudden showing back on my credit 6+ years later. HELP!

Do a search for the statute of limitations for collections in your state and find out what the time frame is for your state, since it varies by state.  The time starts on the "date of last activity" which would be the last payment you made.

If it was 6+ years ago, it should drop off in a few months.  Since it was a mutually held loan, it will be on your credit, too, until the fall-off date.  Bankruptcy does not erase credit history.