Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

Lichy73

How can I block insurance company from doing unauthorized credit inquiries
How can I stop an insurance company fro. making credit report inquiries that I have not authorized and not interested in doing business with them at all?

Do a credit freeze

That will stop all unauthorized inquiries.  When you do apply for credit you will have to lift the freeze in advance. 

Google "Credit freeze" to find out more and how to do it.

Threaten them with legal action. It is illegal to pull someone's credit without permission

Just to add to my post I should say a hard inquiry is illegal without permission. When it comes to soft inquiries you have to opt out of pre screening. Soft pulls do not affect your score.