Question

jjc8857

home loan issue
How do I get home loan off credit report. Ex wife has house in separation papers she put for me to pay nothing else on house. Lawyer says that releases me from it but can't get it off report.

But, your name WAS on mortgage?

If your name was on the mortgage when you first got the house, it is part of your credit history and should remain listed for 7 years.  That is a requirement under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is a federal regulation.  Hopefully, you had a good payment record during this time, but even if it wasn't, it still has to be reported.

All the information on the financial decisions in the divorce needs to be kept in a safe place in case you need them for proof in the future.  I just hope you don't need said proof and that your name falls off the mortgage after 7 years (though it could be 10 in the case of divorce, I'm not sure).

Hope this helps.