Question

soughtseven

Help with school loan, bad payment history
I have a school loan that is split into four sections. Back in 2012, I had missed 10 total payments and 8 of them were 120 days late. Basically, I didn't have a job back then and couldn't pay. I only found out last year that I could get some forbearance help with this so I did that.

2012 was not that long ago and now there is 40 total missing payments from just my school loan. Needless to say, my total payment count is near 100, so that is about 50 percent paying on time. Most people I talk to have never missed a payment in their credit life.

I have tried everything to get AES to help me resolve this but they will not budge an inch. They are worse than credit collectors. Does anyone out there have experience with this company and how bad they can ruin your credit? Since payment history is basically the number one thing for your credit, this really ruined everything for me and my credit rebuilding is very minimal. PLEASE HELP ASAP! Thank you.

They didn't ruin your credit.  You are your problem.  Always do whatever it takes to avoid derogs.  If the creditor won't work with you then you don't have much choice as your only option is a goodwill removal by the creditor.  Work on other factors and build your other credit accounts.  DO NOT INCUR ANY MORE DEROGS.