Question

JeauBear

Help! Pls! Fraudulent Comcast Account on My Credit Report...?
I'm currently disputing a collection account on my Credit Report that was originally with Comcast. I recently sent, by certified mail, the Fraudulent Affidavit Claim Form, Police Report and Proof of Residency during time of fraud, along with everything else they were asking for (including my kitchen sink and left boot). Supposedly, according to the,m, he account has now been found fraudulent and I'm no longer held responsible for it, but my credit report still has the collection account on there. I've called disputed it with all the Credit Bureaus a few times now and they keep saying the same thing: That Comcast has yet to send them the info. But when I call Comcast, they keep telling me they've sent it and they'll send it again... And blah blah blah.... I'm so frustrated b/c it's the only negative thing on report, and outs holding my score back from being in the Good/Excellent range. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? I greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much!!! ^_^

I've found that putting it in writing i

Helps. 

Since you have provided everything they've asked for I suggest the you follow up with a "Validation Letter".  Google it for a template, and more info.  The letter is sent to the Credit bureaus.  it will require them to contact Comcast and Verify the account.  It is usually used to get old accounts off your report, But it will work the same way with this.  Comcast will be required to prove that the account is yours or remove it immediately.  since you say that you have provided all the proof for them this should be fairly easy for them.  

In this case, it may end up being a moot point by the time the letter is processed they may already have removed the account but it couldn't hurt.  It generally takes 30 to 60 days for accounts to be completely removed from your reports. Credit reporting is a slow moving behemoth. 

If they keep jerking you around, contact a consumer law attorney that handles FDCPA cases and start suing. Many FDCPA law firms charge you nothing up front and take their share from the lawsuit or more likely from the settlement. FDCPA stands for "fair debt collection practices act", you should do some reading on that.