Question

j4stall

Hard inquiry grouping
Your report shows that I have 9 hard inquiries for my credit. However, 8 of those occurred on the same date (10/28/2014). A car dealer generated the requests, looking for the best rate available at the time. It has been my understanding that a number of requests submitted together or within a short time period are treated as a single request, so I wasn't concerned about any impact to my score. Have I been wrong all this time, or has something changed in the treatment of these requests?

Those might count towards your "scores" as one inquiry if they coded properly. However each inquiry will shown on your "report" individually. Tho they might not impact your scores much, but multiple inquiries don't look favorable to potential creditors.