Question

MrBean1986

Had to finance dental work - dropped my score 40 points
I have been working on rebuilding my score for the past year. I currently have all but 1 item from years ago that went into collections paid off. I have my car that is financed, a small personal loan that will be paid off in a few months, as well as revolving bills now in my name. My score had gotten up to almost 600 and was planning on doing a secured credit card to get that extra 40-50 points over the next year, but I went to the dentist and had to have some work, and they financed 600 dollars of what my insurance wouldn't pay, which I thought was fine - as I thought that will help my report as well. However it dropped my score over 40 points and it is showing up as a Credit Card thorough Fortiva witha 600 dollar limit which of course comes to 100% Utilization.

What are my options here just make the biggest payments I can to get it paid off? Will it still be reported as I basically maxed a credit card out and it took however long to pay off? If I make a lump sum payment of 300 dollars, will that help? I could extend my personal loan I have out to pay it off so it doesnt show the 100 percent utilization, as the interest rates about about the same, I just really was hoping to get that loan paid off and invest in a secured credit card.