Question

WearyStudent

Got approved the first time for a lease, will I get it again 1 month later?
Tried getting a lease with BMWFS but need a cosigner due to lack of history. Went to VW and got approved with no cosigner needed!!! Great right? No. Turns out Im going away for the rest of the summer and I didn't want to start a lease if I won't use it for almost 2mths. My question is even though the dealer said this was a one time thing, what are my chances of getting approved again? Would financing be easier?

Most Helpful Response

I don't recommend leasing for the average individual.

That said, if the dealer told you you were being given a one-time deal, you might not get such a chance again.  However, you are wise to not take it if you won't be here to use it anyway.  Financing MIGHT be easier, depending on your credit score.  I do suggest not buying a brand new car, but choosing one that is one to two years old.  You'll pay thousands less and have a vehicle that will last about 10 years.  I'm on year 9 with my vehicle and expect it to last several more years (and not much more than regular oil changes during this time).