Question

D4getmenot2

Does a paid account that was closed by the credit grantor hurt your credit score?
In 2002, I moved out of state and had an issue paying a gas card bill 60 days late. They closed my account, but I paid it in full within a month or so of them doing it. I never asked them to reopen the card because I didn't want it anymore. I called several years later and they couldn't find the account at Chevron. I just pulled my credit report, the account is shown as paid in full and closed in 2008, with the remark "Closed by Credit Grantor". I have great credit otherwise - on time with everything for over 10 years. How do I get it removed from my credit report and does it negatively impact me with that remark? I haven't used it since 2002.