Question

baja40

Do mulitple hard inquires hurt my score when shopping around at diffrent car dealerships?

oh my gosh i needed this, i've been car shopping and it upset me that they've made so many inquiries (8) between 2 dealerships.

yea

I was going to ask the same thing

bngrgry

Actually, i just googled that question and it came up with a two week period (14 days) where you can shop around with only dinging your credit once. it may show up as more than one inquires on the credit report but only counts as one. I am in the same predicament right now so help you help me.

Thats good to hear

So when I had one dealership run my credit for one car and all of the lenders show up as hard inquires, my credit only got hit once?  How do I get the hard inquires removed so it doesnt look so bad on my credit report.