Question

Notcreditwise

Disputed medical bill from doctor put on my credit report under collections.
Two doctor bills totaling approximately $4000 have been put on my credit report under collections but my heath insurance company has requested information in order to pay the claim several times and cannot get a response. The doctor first filed the claim using a code which was not correct. My paperwork from my insurance company says I am responsible for $0.00 but they still turned it over to a collection agency and it is now listed on my credit report. I have tried disputing it with the credit bureaus but they only put the information that I dispute the debt. All of the other bills from this hospitalization have been paid. Am I still responsible when my insurance would pay it if it was filed correctly? I contacted them recently and they requested that it be refiled again with no response. The doctors office said they cannot help me as it had been turned over to a collection company. I don't know what else to do.