Question

NotrubL

Dispute an inquiry that I never opened!
Happy new years to you all! What a way to bring in the new year. So I checked my credit report this morning, so sure that it improved, but what a surprise when I see an item on my CREDIT report that I never opened. Quite frustrating. It brought my credit score down 37pts! I never authorize this. I feel as if my identity was stolen. I called the creditor, no answer. I email them, waiting for a response. Now what do I do? I can see the original creditor. Do I call them? Do I call or email the Bureau now or wait for a response from the collection agency? I've been on a road to improving my credit for over a year, and this happens.

If there's a collection agency involved then you need to be concerned with more than just an inquiry.  You need to determine why the agency is pulling your credit report.  Hit a site on rebuilding credit as this really isn't an approprite venue to assist you.