Question

CATOMOA

Discover App rejected...
I was trying to get a 0% APR card from discover. I was denied as they claim I had no purchase history. TransUnion reports I have history and a Good score. Perhaps they are pulling from Experia which has no history of me, and they don't exchange reporting between agencies. Any ideas on obtaining a 0% Intro APR card ?

Thank You

Most Helpful Response

Might take you a year or two to get to the point when you will get offers in the mail.  Until that time you need to take baby steps.   Payments on time,   pay balance off each month.

Credit history takes time, so does your Credit Score.

CATOMOA

Humm.  I get offers in the mail, my score is 725.  The issue is which agency they (credit merchants) are pulling from, and unfortunately, TransUnion is for students.  Since I was not using a credit card for many years, the other two reporting agencies; Experia, and Equifax, have no history for me, and since Discover pulls data from the latter two, I was denied...guess I will see what else is out there...